Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 August 2011

My purple newspaper nails!!

I have seen this look for nails quite a bit lately over blogs, and over youtube. It seems to be pretty popular lately so I decided to give it a go. I wanted to add my own spin on it so instead of using a white or grey nail polish like most people are doing, i decided to try a light purple colour. So this is how I achieved the look!!

First I applied my base coat. I used the Sally Hansens Hard as Nails nail hardener.


Then I applied Sally Hansens Hard as Nails in Lacey Lilac as my base colour.



Then I took a small piece of newspaper (enough to cover my nail) like the piece above ^^ and soaked it in rubbing alcohol. I just poured some of the rubbing alcohol into the lid of the container and used that to dip the newspaper pieces in. Then once the newspaper was wet with alcohol, I gently placed it onto my nail and pressed it down for about 30 seconds. You don't have to leave it that long but I did just to help transfer the lettering darker. I wanted the writing to really stand out. Make sure your not letting the newspaper slip around on your nail, you want it to stay in one place.


Then I applied Sally Hansens Insta-Dry over top of everything so that the writing stays put and gives it that nice glossy effect. Make sure you wait till everything is dry before applying it so that the writing doesnt get blurred.
Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment