Powered By Blogger

Saturday 30 July 2011

Fun, Pretty, and Unique nails!!

Today I decided to try something a little different with my nails. I usualy stick with my standard plain one colour nail. Buttttt, today I decided to go with a bright blue nail with light purple polka dots, then on top of that, I added purple jewels just to add a bit of fun. As you can tell, I was extremely bored.






So first I started off with Sally Hansens 'hard as nails' in blue me away. This was my base colour.






Then I used Sally Hansens 'Hard as Nails' in Lacey Lilac to make polka dots. For the polka dots I used a dotting tool that I got in a nail art kit off of ebay. The dotting tool is the picture on your left above.






Then I used the nail glue from the nail art set and used a toothpick to gently add dots of glue onto some of the polka dots. This glue dries really quickly so I was doing about 2 dots at a time. Then I used the purple jewels in the centre picture above. I gently tapped a few of the jewels onto the table I was working at and used my finger to gently pick up each jewel one at a time. Then i carefully placed the jewel onto the dot of glue on my nail.





Then I used Sally Hansens 'Insta-Dri' top coat to help hold everything in place. On the above right is a picture of the final look.

I hope you all enjoyed this blog!!! :)



2 comments:

  1. That's such a beautiful and fun mani! I saw that you're following me on Twitter (@hittingthepan). Have you considered posting this entry on the site (www.hittingthepan.com)? It's basically going to a be a site where beauty bloggers can share their posts and find inspiration and tips from other bloggers (think foodgawker or tastespotting but for beauty products). I think this would be a great submission! Anyway, I've added your blog to my Google Reader... Can't wait to read more!

    -Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will definitly be checking out the site and definitly post my blog there! Thanks for the tip! and thanks for subscribing to my blog and following me on twitter. I also have a youtube channel you could check out! http://www.youtube.com/user/Jordynne91?feature=mhee

    ReplyDelete