Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation



This week I have finally returned to school after a 3 week Christmas Break. I was really glad to be back at school to keep me busy. As I was getting ready for school I noticed I was going to need a new foundation soon. I stopped at a shoppers drug to look around for something new to try.

 
I usually use MAC's studio sculpt foundation but I really wanted to try something different. I probably looked at a dozen different foundations until I finally asked the lady at the counter for a recommendation. She suggested a cream foundation since I have dry skin. She pointed a few out that are most popular.

I was really intrigued by the cover fx cream foundation because I always hear very good things about that company. The lady tested it on my skin and showed me the look it gives. I decided to give it a try. It cost $38 but I also bought a brush with it. The brush that was suggested to use when applying the product is a somewhat fluffy brush but still dense which is supposed to help buff the product into your skin better.

 
I'm gonna break this down into the positives about it and the negatives.


 
Positives:

 
  • great coverage
  • doesn't make skin look flaky
  • don't feel the need for concealer as much
  • it's almost impossible to make a mess with the foundation (like spill it or getting crusty in lid)
  • comes in a nice container which is easy to carry around
  • doesn't look too cakey on skin

 
Negatives:

 
  • doesn't wear as long as I thought it would
  • I found it hard to layer with other products like bronzer and blush
  • the product transfers (comes off when I touch my face)
  • takes longer to apply than other foundations

 

 
Overall I liked the product. I wouldn't say I love it though. I don't think I would buy it again, I think I would go back to MAC. For people who need that extra coverage then this is a great product for you but I just don't feel like it worked great for me. But I could be wrong, I could learn a new way of using it and fall back in love with it.

 
Thanks for reading!
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment